Has your rent been raised? Find out more about your rights

Employment and residence permits for non-Swiss

You want to hire an employee who isn't a Swiss citizen?

The answer in detail

What you need to keep in mind...

Whether a foreigner receives an employment and residence permit in Switzerland essentially depends on whether they are citizens of an EU/EFTA nation or a third country. Workers from EU/EFTA nations essentially benefit from the agreements on the free movement of persons. It is a lot more difficult for citizens of non-EU/EFTA nations.

You'll find important legal information on this topic here.

Important documents
Rechtlicher Hinweis Arbeits und Aufenthaltsbewilligung